How One Mother Managed a Kidney Disease Diagnosis and Turned it into a Reason to Run // Interview with Boston Marathon Qualifier Cara Johnson
Today’s guest started running in college after being diagnosed with kidney disease. She ran her first half marathon in 2001 and her first full marathon in 2003. In the past 17 years of marathon training, Cara Johnson has run 1-2 marathons every year!
Tune in to diver deeper and hear
- How she managed a kidney disease diagnosis and turned it into a reason to run.
- What the key ingredient was for Cara to qualify for the Boston Marathon -- hint, it wasn’t adding extra miles to her training!
- Why community matters when training for a goal.
- She shares her adventure at the Cozumel Ironman, her first!
- Why becoming a pacer for races is a worthwhile challenge.
FULL SHOW NOTES
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE
CONNECT WITH ME